February 18th is National Drink Wine Day!
The list of health benefits that accompanies wine seems to be ever-growing. Recently we’ve learned that wine can not only help reduce the risk of blocked arteries, but it can also improve brain function. Thus, giving people a few more reasons to have their wine and drink it too. The new it trend, however, is pairing your wine with the right essential oil and fragrance to make your wine drinking that much more enjoyable. So many people are raving about diffusing certain scents will enrich the taste of the wine. Here’s a short guide to help you pair your wines this weekend:
- Full-bodied and oaky red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot will taste amazing with cedarwood, leather, and fir needle scent notes floating in the air. Try it out with our fragrances My Way and Renegade.
- Medium and lighter bodied red wines like Pinot Noir will taste best with notes of rose, jasmine, and geranium filling your nose. Have a glass with our Desert Rose, Kiss by A Rose or Endless Love fragrance oils.
- Next time you have a medium to full-bodied white wine like Chardonnay pair it with caramel lemon scents. Try it out one of these three beautiful lemon infused oils: Beautiful Day, All of Me and Escapade.
- Medium bodied white wines like Sauvignon Blanc are best complemented by scents with honeydew melon or minty notes. Try our Wake Me Up next time you’re sipping to enhance the taste.
- Light bodied white wines like Riesling and Moscato tend to pair excellently with fruity scents like sweet orange, tangerine, and pink grapefruit. Our fragrances California Love, Hawaiian Sunset and Dancing Queen would be perfect.